Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Now for the real post...

So, I have a very odd habit of reading the ingredients on everything. I mean, everything! Don't ask why. I have no idea why I do this or where it all started.

Combine this habit with the intense desire to read something (anything) while sitting on the porcelain throne and you get someone who obsessively reads the ingredients list on shampoo and conditioner bottles. (Some psychiatrist is going to have a hay day with this one.)

Anyway, back to where I was... Shampoo ingredients. WTH is in shampoo anyway and why does it need to be in there? Something tells me that Cocomide DEA and Cocomidopropyl Betaine have nothing to do with hard, round, hairy plants that grow in the tops of tropical trees and produce a delectable white juice and pulp.

I am certain that the reasons for these ingredients is readily available on Wikipedia or Google or an environmentalists blog somewhere (assuming that they are generally not good for our health in some way or they probably cause cancer in the state of California).

I just relish in wondering some things. This is one thing in which I continue to wonder. I am sure some good hearted soul will look it up for me and so generously inform me of the intention of the ingredients. If that person is you; bless your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment