Translate

Friday, November 14, 2008

Traveling

I just had a conversation with a friend about traveling.

She's about to take off for a trip to New Zealand to go bungee jumping and to Tasmania so she can see a Tasmanian Devil in person.

I soooo wish I was tagging along on that trip!

I'm not absolutely certain I'm interested in the bungee jumping, but traveling in and of itself just sounds so incredibly fabulous and I've not been on a trip out of the country since the summer of 2006 when I went to Costa Rica (a highly recommended destination, by the way).

I also really want to go to New York City. I've loved being in cities my entire life. I lived in Portland, Oregon when I was little, moved to several small towns and itty-bitty-cities and then came to Seattle where I've been for the past 11 years.

I've visited Los Angeles several other bigger than itty-bitty cities on the West coast, but visions of NY have always dazzled me.

I want to experience the city that never sleeps. I can't live there now though as I have children and raising children in NYC just wouldn't be my cup of tea. Seattle is big enough for that.

Maybe once all of my children have moved out of the house, I will relocate to the East coast.

I guess it would be a good idea to visit first to make sure I love it as much as I've imagined I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment