Translate

Monday, May 4, 2009

Old Friends...

I have a friend I've known for over twenty years now.  We sometimes go for a year or more without talking to each other.  But always, we come right back to where we left off as if we had last spoken just a few days prior.  

She is my very best friend on the planet.  And I can't imagine my life without her.  We both have made other best or very good friends throughout the years but we have a bond that is seemingly unbreakable.  

This bond is something that brings us back into each others lives when one of us seems to need the other most.  We have some kind of intuition that draws us to call or write knowing that somehow the person we love needs us.  

Currently, she is pregnant with her fourth child.  I also have four children and we both have two year olds.  And two of our teenagers are the same age for 2 months of the year.

Some things in our lives have sort of mirrored and I love that I have someone I can talk to about having a full family, having teens and then younger children and even dating now that I'm a single mom.  

She had the opportunity to date a lot more than I did when we were younger.  I'm living my dating years now so even though that part of our lives are decades apart, dating hasn't really changed all that much in the past 15 - 20 years.

So this is a tribute to my oldest and very best friend in the world: Cyndi...even though I'm one of only two or three people who call her by that trunkated form of her given name.

I love you my friend, my sister, my heart.  You mean more to me that you will ever know.



No comments:

Post a Comment