Translate

Monday, November 30, 2009

Exercise

I woke up this morning, my back aching and my arms barely able to push me out of bed. Why? Well, that would be because yesterday I had a marathon Wii day.

Yes, I said marathon Wii day. See, I started working out several months ago and then kind of slumped off over the summer months. Once summer was over, I plugged back into my Wii Fit and have been ramping things up combining my Wii Fit and Wii Sport games with running around the track at the high school near where I live.

Well, I have had laryngitis for several days now, my voice barely audible on Saturday, so I communicated with my daughter via sign language. Sunday morning I woke up at 8 am, showered and then when I was getting dressed, instead of putting on my jeans, I donned my yoga pants and a t-shirt. It was a lazy Sunday so why not. I pulled my laptop onto my lap and began adding to and editing a story I've began a couple of weeks ago.

I wrote for about an hour before I started to get antsy and decided I better put in some laundry. I got back from the laundry room, turned on the Wii Fit and started with some yoga, moved on to boxing and then some strength training before returning to yoga and then doing a few balance games. I took a break, put the laundry in the dryer, had a cup of water and put in the disk for Wii Sport.

I played at least 20 games of tennis, boxed until my arms felt like they were going to fall off and I could feel muscle being built in my upper chest and then moved on to golf to slow down my pace a bit.

I took another break for more water as I was starting to sweat a bit. I also needed to go get the laundry out of the dryer. I exchanged disks again and decided to do the dance steps on the Fit for thirty minutes then I did the long version of the island run and went back for another thirty minutes of dance steps. The batteries in the Wii Fit Board started to run out, so I plugged those back into the charger and put Sport back into the console.

I folded my laundry quickly and was on hour four of playing the Wii when my daughter finally woke up to check her email.

I played for about another hour after she woke up and then after picking up my youngest from her dad's house, I came home, put her in the high chair so she could paint, and I did a forty-five minute pilates workout.

I'm still quite sore tonight, it's a good kind of sore. The kind where I know I'm toning and burning fat. And I know I will go home and at least play a few games of tennis with my son tonight.

Then, tomorrow, I'll walk/jog/run around the high school track a few times with a friend of mine.

I'm looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment