Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thirty-six

Today is my thirty-sixth birthday and I woke this morning to a few text messages, a couple of emails and several wishes for a good day on my facebook page.

I drove to work, parked my car, walked up the stairs in my building and down the hall where I received a "Happy birthday!" from a coworker who I didn't think knew that today was my birthday and has never wished me a happy birthday in all the years we have worked together.

As I walked further down the hall, I saw on our white board, a "Happy Birthday Jess!" with a drawing of a cupcake with a candle in it below the words.

I sat at my desk and our janitor, Faye, greeted me with the same words. I've never publicized my birthday before and I have to say, it's kind of fun having everyone know and wish me a happy day.

I went to visit the person I assumed had decorated the white board and it was indeed her. Then a group of us went out for coffee/tea and one of my coworkers bought me a chai latte. I was then informed that I am being treated to a lunch today wherever I'd like to go with this same group.

So far, thirty-six got up on the right side of the bed.

------
This just in:
I got this email as I came back from lunch with a poem inside wishing me a happy birthday. Thought I would share it since I liked it...

You're the kind of person, Jess,
Who's hard to forget,
A one-in-a-million
To the people you've met.
Your friends are as varied
As the places you go,
And they all want to tell you
In case you don't know:
That you make a big difference
In the lives that you touch,
By taking so little
And giving so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment