Translate

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seattle Pride 2010


I finally went to my first Seattle Pride. It was everything I hoped it would be. Fun sights, good friends, great drinks and an all around excellent time.

My girlfriend and I headed out in the morning to meet up with a group of friends and we all walked down to watch the parade which started with the Dykes on Bikes and encompassed many colourful people in colourful attire expressing colourful spirit.

We stopped to get some food along the way, headed over to Seattle Center to the beer garden, mingled with more friends, met up with more people, headed back up to Capital Hill to the Wild Rose where they had a block party and went back and forth a couple of times to the Lobby Bar.
I paced myself quite well and had a fantastic time with no hangover the next day...a big plus!

This was not only my first Seattle Pride, but also the first time in history that the Space Needle flew the Pride flag!

I also wore that t-shirt I made myself on my Zazzle website. A couple people commented on it while I was there and I handed out a few business cards. Exactly what I hoped for! You can get your own HERE.

Overall, it was FABULOUS and I can't wait for next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment