Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Intimate Design

I have a store in Zazzle that I created a little over a year ago called Intimate Design.  It was supposed to be a place for me to put up my sketches and paintings.  I wanted a new store to help motivate me to create more.

Well, it has been more than a year and as of twenty-four hours ago, I had put up only nine products.  Two of the designs were my original pieces displayed on a couple of posters and a necklace.

I had added some coffee mugs with photographs of flowers after a trip to the Caribbean.  However, after adding them, I realized I was logged into Intimate Design.  They were supposed to have been created in my JessicaInSeattle store.

Oh well!  At least I had a couple more items in my store.

Then, I got exactly what I needed.  See, for the past few weeks, I've been in a little bit of a slump.  If you've been reading along, you know I broke my foot about six weeks ago, have been sick, had sick kids and just been down lately.

My store sales had also dropped off drastically from what I was used to.  To an incredibly slow trickle.  So much so that I was getting really worried!

Then, this morning I woke up thinking it was going to be a great day!  I checked my email and had a notification of sale from two of my stores!  Not only that, but I was featured on The Zazzle Review blog today.  I got another sale notification after dropping my son off at school and I immediately came home and started working on my Intimate Design store.

I have now added six more products.  Not a large number, but each one takes a couple hours of prepping before they are ready to be uploaded, so it was a huge amount of work!

Here is one of the ones I did today that was originally a painting by my eldest daughter as a gift to me a couple of years ago.

Let There Be Light
I think it turned out pretty well.  It certainly helps that my daughter is talented and provided me with a great piece to work with.

Remember to become a fan on Facebook!

Until Next Time,
JessicaInSeattle (aka Intimate Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment