Translate

Monday, April 4, 2011

Running, Shoes With Toes and iTunes

My broken foot has been healing really fast ever since I got off the crutches.  I'm really itching to go for a run, but still just doing walks for now...wearing my running shoes though.  I'm optimistic that I'll be able to go for short runs very soon here!
Running Shirt - click for details

I am absolutely ecstatic at the thought of getting outside, breathing the lovely Seattle air and feeling my heart pump blood through me exuberantly.

I love running.  And I miss it oh so very much!  I actually made this running shirt right after coming back from a particularly refreshing run about a week before I broke my foot.  I'll have to order it as a gift to myself when I can run again.  I'd love to wear this one while going on at a good clip around the Green Lake running trail...one of my favourite routes in Seattle.

It's a short one at about 4.25 miles, but I love running around Green Lake and starting from the nearby high school adds in just enough distance to make it feel like a real run.  If I just do the loop around the lake, it's only about 2.8 miles and that's just not enough.

Of course, that might be what I have to start with once I'm back to running again.  Which brings me to my footwear which has really been on my mind quite a lot as of late.  I've seen so many people wearing those Vibram FiveFingers shoes (mostly around the lake).  I've become quite intrigued and did a ton of research on them several months ago, but since I love to run barefoot and fewer injuries occur when running in our natural bare-naked state, I'm seriously considering them.  Price is my only obstacle.

Well, that, and I don't know which style I want yet.  I'm leaning toward the Bikila ones in either blue or silver.

Vibram FiveFingers Shoes
We weren't born with shoes and the only reason I can see that we need them is to prevent things from poking our soles.  Okay, there's also the effect of keeping our toes warm.  And I'm sure some of you will argue that you like how they look.  But really, they aren't the best for us.  There are so many injuries "they" say are actually caused from wearing shoes: blisters, bunyons and hammer toe just to name a few.  Even their names give me the heebie jeebies!

I won't bore you with all the details of the massive amounts of research I've done on these new shoes in the past few months.  But I will tell you that there is a lot of it and what I have read has convinced me that Vibram is my next shoe purchase.  Honestly, I don't care how strange they might look.  If they feel on my feet as good as the reviews read, I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

While waiting for money to magically appear in my bank account so I can afford my new dream shoes, I've been going through my entire music collection and adding everything I own to my iTunes account and organizing it so that when I get out there and run again, I'll have good music to make me smile.

I started off today with only 46 songs in my iTunes library.  I now have 144 and I'm just getting started.  The hard part will be figuring out how to add the iTunes songs onto my Android phone (which is my version of an iPod) since I can't seem to get my phone to mount to my laptop.  Fun stuff!

Until Next Time,
JessicaInSeattle

No comments:

Post a Comment