Translate

Monday, March 15, 2010

Internal Turbulence

So while I was on vacation, I gained a couple of extra pounds. Okay fine, it was more that a couple. I was gone for seven days and I fucking gained seven gawd-forsaken pounds! I feel like I ate one of those over sized grapefruits I only see at farmers markets near the end of the summer and it's now lying dormant right at belly button level.

I can no longer tolerate the weight being there and I must do something about it. So what do I do? I decide that I should mix it up and try going on a low carb diet since that's not something I have ever done before.

This would be my way of attempting to shock my system into dropping those seven pounds (and an extra seven on top of that would be good too) in a more rapid time-frame than if I just went on the diet I usually go on...I eat dinner and drink tea for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I know, I know, I've heard it all before believe me; there is no need to tell me that is not good for me.

So I did some research and gave myself a window of 20 to 70 carbs daily with one free day every week (Sunday). I started my diet last week on Wednesday. I did fabulously Wednesday and Thursday. Then, on Friday my coworker says she wants me to join her for lunch at the local pub. What do we get every time we go to this particular establishment? Nachos! And not just any nachos, these are nachos loaded with cheese, sour cream, guacamole and jalepenos. Oh, yes, don't forget the chips...and the two shots of tequila and tecate that we washed it all down with.

Yes, she is a terrible influence on me, I swear I had nothing to do with it and I was forced to eat those nachos...and did you know that a shot of tequila has zero carbs but just one little can of tecate has TWELVE. I was shocked when I checked that out!

So then, Saturday rolls around and I'm good all day. Sunday, I totally pigged out on carbs. I think that has been described to me as 'carb loading'. Well I was loading all right!

Today, I thought I was going to do really well until I had to have a lunch meeting and ended up at an Indian restaurant where I inhaled half of the buffet. It wasn't pretty.

Luckily, I'm still full hours later so hopefully that will just be my lunch/dinner for today.

Now if I could just get off my fat ass and exercise on top of dieting, I would be making some progress...well, that and staying on my diet would help too.

Will someone please grant me some motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment